Prescott Area Shelter Services is run by the people it serves. Guests eat their evening meal together as a community and always have cleanup chores that are done at night and before they leave in the morning. Our dedicated volunteers:
- Support guests in taking care of their "home"
- Provide guidance, instruction and problem solving
- Demonstrate nurturing and supportive attitudes
Volunteers come from our local community and serve in many roles:
- Evening Advocates provide guest support from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm, seven days a week.
- Meal Providers deliver healthy home-cooked evening meals seven days a week.
- Morning Office Volunteers assist in answering the telephone and accepting donations at the door.
It is because of our wonderful and dedicated volunteers that PASS is able to keep our doors open. We hope that you will consider joining us in our Mission!
For more detailed information on ways you can help, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 928-778-5933.
"What a Difference a
The value of a volunteer, according to the Independent Sector is $23.00
Stats for one year:
- Evening Advocate: 7 nights a week, two volunteers a night at 3 hours each= 2190 hours a year, valued at $50,370. Endless support for PASS guests=priceless
- Meal Providers: 7 nights a week, 2-5 hours per meal; 730-1825 hours a year, valued at $16,790-$41,975. Plus the cost on the volunteer to purchase the ingredients for the meal. A full stomach of delicious and nutritious food=priceless.
- Office Hours: 5 mornings a week, 3 hours each morning=1095, valued at $25,185. Having a consistent presence in the community=priceless
- ONA: 8 hours a night=2920 hours a year, valued at $67,160. Having someone at the shelter in case of an emergency=priceless.